TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Oldbury on Severn Memorial Hall Terms and Conditions of Hire
For the purposes of these Conditions of Hire, the hirer(s) means any individual or, if an organisation, the person ‘responsible’ at the activity/event.
The premises mean Oldbury on Severn Memorial Hall.
The Committee means the Oldbury on Severn Memorial Hall Management Committee. All hirers must comply with the following terms and conditions:
- The maximum capacity of the premises is: Main Hall –100 standing/72seated. Meeting Room -12 seated. The hirer must ensure that these capacities are not exceeded.
- Premises hire will be between 8am-midnight Mon-Sat and 8am-11pm Sun.
- No dogs, except guide dogs can be brought into the premises, unless by prior arrangement.
- A Hirers Agreement/Booking Form must be completed and returned to the Bookings Clerk.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse or cancel a booking.
- The hirer will agree to pay for any damages incurred during the period of hire. Any loss or damage that occurs on the premises must be reported to the Bookings Clerk.
- The hirer will be responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event during the period of hire and that no nuisance is caused to nearby residents.
8.The hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified all members of the Committee for (a) the cost of repair or any damage to the premises, its contents, or its curtilage (b) claims, losses, damages and costs for damage, loss of property, injury to persons using the premises (including the storage of equipment)(c) claims, losses damages and costs suffered or incurred as a result of nuisance to a third party as a result of the use of the premises by the hirer.
- If the premises are rendered unfit for the purpose for which it has been hired, the Committee shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- All decorations and notices must be removed after the period of hire. No fixtures or fittings are to be altered or removed.
11.The hirer must ensure that all fire exits are kept clear and must read and adhere to the fire safety notices on the main hall notice board, before the start of the period of hire. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that all those attending are aware of the fire procedure as identified on the notice board in the main Hall.
- The hirer will be responsible for setting out table and chairs and returning them to the store areas after the period of hire. If presentation equipment is used it must be left as found, with the hand control returned to the lock up box. Please make sure the floor is either brushed or vacuumed, vacuum cleaner is in the store room, brushes are in the cupboard. This must be left clean and washed if necessary.
- The sale of alcohol is now allowed under the premises licence to sell alcohol. The hirer must be trained and authorised (which must be done by an EMC member) in writing to be in charge of the event while alcohol is being sold or consumed. They will be responsible for keeping good order and abiding by the legislation with regards to the sale of Alcohol to under 18s;
It is illegal to:
- To sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 or to knowingly allow the sale of alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- For anyone under the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol.
- For anyone over 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol for someone under the age of a18.
Also, any alcohol purchased on the premise cannot be removed from the curtilage of the hall.
- Hirers using the kitchen for the preparation/cooking/serving of food do so at their own risk and are advised to follow Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Rules and Regulations.
- The hirer will be responsible for leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition. If necessary, floors must be swept and mopped. If used, kitchen utensils and equipment should be cleaned and returned to cupboards. The cooker, fridge and surfaces must be wiped with anti-bac spray. The dishwasher must be emptied of implements and water and cleaned out as per the written instructions on the wall above.
- Prior to leaving the premises the hirer must:
- Secure all outside windows and doors.
- Ensure electrical equipment, including kitchen appliances are turned off. The fridge/freezer must be emptied and left switched on. If the HIVE heating control has been over ridden return to normal program Wi-Fi should be left on.
- Ensure that all internal and external lights are switched off, with the exception of ones controlling external PIR lights
If you have switched off any radiators, please switch them back on.
- Ensure that the main door is locked and replace in the key safe if that’s where you got it from.
- The Committee holds public liability insurance for the use of the premises which covers the hirer during the period of hire. However the hirer should consider further insurance to cover their event/activity if the event is open to the general public.
- All hirers are responsible for the Health and Safety of people using the Hall undertaking their activity.
- Any hirers wishing to use ladders belonging to the Hall must gain permission from a EMC member in writing and demonstrate a suitable RA for working at height.
- The new entrance, to the left hand side, is via an electrically powered door which improves access for people with mobility problems, it also opens up into the Lobby and is THE MAIN ENTRANCES to the Hall. The door must be left in the MANUAL SETTING, please read the Electric Door Information Sheet to understand how to achieve this. The sheet is available on the website and there is a copy in the Hall. Failure to do so could cause significant damage to the motor.
Revised 1st January 2024